CBD Massage in Denver
WHAT IS CBD MASSAGE?
Our Denver CBD massage uses lotion and salves containing cannabidiol or CBD.
Similar to other massages with essential oils, the lotion or pain relieving salve is applied topically to specific areas to maximize the benefits of the treatment.
We use an exclusive formula of an organic lotion and salve that contains the optimum levels of CBD to maximize the healing properties of your massage. The lotion or salve is derived from organically grown hemp with a full-spectrum extract.
Body Massage Wellness Spa also carries CBD tinctures.
How Does CBD Massage Work?
Our Denver CBD massage works through interaction with your body’s endocannabinoid system. This system regulates various functions in the body, including the following:
• Appetite and
• The immune system.
The endocannabinoid system uses two different kinds of receptors: CB1 and CB2. Most CB1 receptors are located in the brain while CB2 receptors are all over the body.
Your body naturally produces these cannabinoids, but your body’s natural production levels might drop due to several factors. A CBD massage enhances your body’s natural functions in order to simulate similar results as those from your body’s natural production.
CBD differs from marijuana.
THC, one of the active ingredients in marijuana, connects with CB1 receptors, creating a psychoactive high. Instead, CBD affects the both types of receptors indirectly and does not bind to them. Therefore, CBD will not create mind-altering effects but will still provide numerous benefits.
What Are the Benefits of CBD Massage?
CBD offers numerous health benefits. When combined with massage, these benefits are enhanced through the combination of therapeutic touch and the CBD. CBD massage provides the following:
• Relaxation: A massage will provide overall relaxation.
• Lower blood pressure: Continued pain in the body elevates blood pressure, which affects your general well-being. CBD massage can aid in the reduction of high blood pressure, thus improving health.
• Decrease inflammation: Inflammation is directly linked to pain, especially in the muscles and joints. Your body sometimes naturally responds to physical trauma or strenuous activity by swelling. However, prolonged inflammation can cause damage, soreness and both temporary and chronic pain. CBD addresses this inflammation through indirect interaction with the receptors of the endocannabinoid system. CBD contains natural anti-inflammatory properties to address inflammation after your health is threatened. Topical application of CBD oils when combined with massage can combat these effects and reduce swelling.
• Relief from general discomfort, muscle aches or strains: These issues are often connected with inflammation. A CBD massage can loosen tight muscles and promote healing.
• Chronic pain: Chronic pain occurs due to excessive muscle use, an unhealed injury, a medical disorder or other disability. CBD oils can effectively address and reduce chronic pain.
• Improved freedom of motion: Pain in the body restricts range of motion. However, a massage with CBD oil can provide greater range of movement.
• Stress reduction: Stress often manifests as tension in the head, neck, shoulders, back and other body parts. This tension can lead to muscle strain and pain. A CBD massage can reduce or even eliminate tension by increasing the blood flow to the affected areas.
• Promote improved sleep: Chronic pain and stress inhibit proper sleep. A CBD massage can encourage better sleep patterns.
• Enhance skin health and clear up acne: Acne is often due to inflammation and overactive oil production. CBD can address these issues, which will lead to a reduction in blemishes. The substance also helps properly regulate skin oil production, leading to fewer breakouts.
• Overall wellness: Once you feel better physically, you can maintain wellness through regularly scheduled CBD massages.
What are the side Effects of CBD Massage?
Side effects can vary on a case-by-case basis. If you have any concerns, check with a medical professional prior to CBD massage. Some of the following effects include:
• Nausea and vomiting
• Dry mouth
• Intestinal disorders and
• General worry.
Who needs CBD Massage?
Many people can benefit from CBD massage, but you will especially enjoy these treatments if you belong to one of the following groups of people:
- Those who suffer from chronic pain.
- Those with high-stress jobs.
- Those with some disorders and illnesses, including those who suffer from acne, high blood pressure, and some phobias, such as panic disorder, OCD, PTSD and more.
- Those who want to enhance their overall health.
What can you expect from CBD Massage and is it Right For You?
CBD massage provides a wealth of benefits that vary by user. Many individuals experience lower blood pressure, reduced stress, improved sleep, less chronic pain and improved overall wellness.
Is CBD Massage Right for You?
As with other types of oils, every person responds somewhat differently to CBD treatment, so you might not experience the same results that another person does.
Individuals who are pregnant or who deal with some health conditions should check with their primary care physicians before undergoing a CBD massage.
If you have any questions about CBD massage, we are here to help. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.