Hot Stone Massage in Denver
What is Hot Stone Massage?
Originally thought to be discovered by Native Americans, a hot stone massage uses heated stones on certain points of your body or as part of the massage. The heat from the stone can further relax and loosen tight muscles, resulting in a more effective massage. A therapist must be specifically trained in the art of hot stone massage. Our professionals have the expertise and knowledge to help ensure that you will have a pleasant experience during your hot stone massage Denver.
A type of massage therapy, hot stone massage helps relax you and ease tense muscles. Heated, flat, smooth stones specifically designed to retain heat are placed on parts of your body. They can be placed on the back, spine, face, chest, stomach, feet, toes and hands. Specific movement techniques include:
- Circular movements
- Long strokes
- Tapping and
What Are the Benefits of a Hot Stone Massage?
Hot stone massage Denver provides the following benefits:
- Improved sleep – Massage has been used as a possible alternative to sleeping medication, encouraging relaxation and deeper rest.
- Increased immunity – At least one study shows that massage boosts immunity levels.
- Lowered anxiety and stress – The American Massage Therapy Association reports that massage can cut down stress, and studies support this. Massage improves circulation and helps with recovery after some types of surgery.
- Relief of pain and tension in muscles – The heat from the hot stones helps stimulate blood flow to the muscles, improving flexibility and motion and decreasing muscle spasms.
- Minimizes the symptoms of cancer – Another study indicated that massage, possibly from the comfort of human touch, alleviated many cancer symptoms, including depression, nausea, stress, fatigue and pain.
- Eases the symptoms and pain of autoimmune diseases – In one study, a hot stone massage helped patients with fibromyalgia sleep better and deal with less pain than those who did not undergo a massage. A similar study found that massage also benefits patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Studies are still in process to determine how to further apply these findings before they become standard protocol.
Who Needs a Hot Stone Massage?
You might need a hot stone massage if you have any type of stress, muscle tension, difficulty sleeping or pain. A hot stone massage helps some chronic conditions, so check with your physician to see if this is an option for you.
Do not get a hot stone massage if you have any of the following conditions, including heart disease, high blood pressure or diabetes. Do not get a hot stone massage if you are sunburned, pregnant or taking blood-thinning medications.
What Can You Expect from Hot Stone Massage?
Once the heat relaxes you, a hot stone massage works out tension and kinks in your body. The process promotes deep relaxation and a blissful state. After the massage, drink lots of water to properly hydrate.
Is Hot Stone Massage Right for You?
A hot stone massage Denver might be right for you if you want to minimize anxiety or stress. The massage can encourage relaxation and alleviate muscle tension and pain. While you might feel sore after the massage, you should not experience pain. Tell your therapist immediately if you feel uncomfortable or in pain during the massage.