If you are searching for Denver pregnancy massage, Body Massage Wellness Spa offers this gentle service to complement your prenatal care. A massage encourages general well-being and reduces stress in addition to minimizing many of the discomforts associated with pregnancy, including back and neck pain, swelling, leg cramps and headaches.
What are the Benefits of Denver Pregnancy Massage?
A massage promotes circulation to the entire body and to the baby, helping calm you as it relieves anxiety and depression. Pregnancy massage can further promote improved sleep, an important necessity during pregnancy. Our professionals will work to ensure your comfort, providing your body with the support to reduce any strain that you might experience during the massage.
What is Denver Pregnancy Massage?
Pregnancy massage seeks to accomplish the same goals as traditional massage — relaxation, ease of tension and an increase in circulation. However, prenatal massage is specifically designed for expectant mothers. A professional therapist knows how to provide relief while avoiding techniques or areas that don’t respond well to massage.
Who Needs Pregnancy Massage?
Expectant mothers with low-risk pregnancies can enjoy the benefits from various massage techniques used by a professional therapist. During the first trimester, there can be limitations to massage options, or you might require a doctor’s note. If your pregnancy is high risk, talk with your doctor or midwife before scheduling a massage. Advise your therapist immediately if you experience any discomfort during the massage.
What Can You Expect from Pregnancy Massage Therapy?
Our professionals use various techniques during the massage, including Swedish massage, hot stone massage and foot reflexology. You can expect your therapist to listen to your unique concerns and to specifically address them, providing you with the optimal massage experience.
Is Pregnancy Massage Right for You?
Before you receive a pregnancy massage, talk to your medical provider to ensure that a massage will benefit you. You might enjoy pregnancy massage if you experience any of the following:
- Overall aches and pains – During a massage, your body releases serotonin, which is a natural chemical that helps fight pain.
- General fatigue – Expectant mothers commonly experience fatigue due to the strain of carrying the baby on the body. A massage can relax you and help alleviate backaches, swelling and leg cramps.
- Headaches – Your therapist will massage your shoulders, neck and head, which can possibly lower the risk of tension headaches and migraines by offering stress relief to sensitive spots that can trigger muscle spasms.
- Muscle tension – A massage promotes blood flow to specific areas of the body, which alleviates tension. In addition to oxygen and important nutrients, increased blood flow sends lymphatic fluid to the muscles, helping remove waste and toxins.
- Trouble sleeping – A massage will help you relax while minimizing discomfort and anxiety, which will hopefully lead to better sleeping patterns. These benefits might transfer to your baby as well, promoting good sleeping habits.
Our team of caring professionals at Body Massage Wellness Spa understands the importance of your comfort during your pregnancy. We will seek to maximize your well-being and complement your prenatal care with a pregnancy massage.